Salary: £38,000- £45,000
Brand: M&S Food
Location: London (Various)
Job Type: Permanent
London Retail Partners are opening M&S franchises across London. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, organised, customer and employee focused managers to join us in opening first class convenience stores in central London.
As an M&S franchise partner there is no better time to be part of our dynamic team and represent a fantastic brand as we grow across London.
What you will get in return as a store manager
- 28 Days Holiday (inclusive Bank holidays)
- 20% In store discount
- Performance related Bonus
As a store manager, you will be required to lead and inspire your team to demonstrate exceptional service, maintain brand standards, and deliver key KPIs. You will inspire our people to create a memorable customer experience every day.
5 Days per week, inclusive of weekends, early and late shifts as required.
- To deliver a great shopping experience for their customers, putting customers before task every time.
- Champion new ways of working within stores through an open mindset and positive attitude.
- Complete tasks and processes that deliver ‘best in town’ standards.
- Serve and sell across all channels brilliantly well.
- Be the voice of our customer to help us continually improve.
- Serve our customers efficiently and brilliantly well – on the shop floor and at service points.
- Deliver ‘best in town’ standards through presentation standards, availability and keeping the store clean and tidy.
- Skilled to utilise all digital tools and communication channels.
- Share customer and colleague feedback to help us do things better.
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues to support others in building skill and confidence.
- Own their own learning & development and proactively access digital learning solutions.
- Know the daily sales targets, priorities, promotions & selling opportunities.
- Have great product knowledge to sell and recommend our products and services.
- Proactively engage with customers to understand their needs and make recommendations.
- Understand the store priorities and their part to play.
- Complete tasks with pace and in line with SOPs.
- Minimise cost and waste through good process practice.
- Follow safe and legal working practices.
- Understand the M&S operating strategy, and the role they play.
- Committed to delivering excellent work fast with great attention to detail.
- Open to and acts on feedback, asking for this regularly.
- Sets performance objectives for self in conjunction with line manager and in line with business plans.
- Takes accountability for planning and managing own work efficiently to ensure objectives are met.
- Is curious and asks questions to challenge the status quo – ask why the company does things the way it does thing.
- Effective at communicating their intentions to others; ensures communication is clear and simple.
- In control of their own reactions and considers how to share their perspective to create better reaction for team.
- Copes well with change and work challenges and recovers quickly from its impact.
- Builds positive relationships by being a good listener and getting to know people by establishing a connection.
Technical Skills/ Experience you’ll need.
- Proven track record in managing ad leading teams in a high volume, retail environment.
- Previous experience delivering against budgets, P&L, labour costs and ratios and cost saving initiatives.
- Ability to build strong and positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience of motivating, leading, and coaching a large team to drive performance including mentoring, training, and succession planning.
- Work across the store to get things done right first time within timescales.
- Good level of digital capability and use of digital tools and applications.
- Understand customer needs and spot selling opportunities.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to remain calm in a pressurised & continuously changing environment.
Key Relationships and Stakeholders
- Store Operations Director
- Business Owners
- Head office
- Marks and Spencer representatives
Please apply here or email firstname.lastname@example.org